The 4G wireless home broadband service was introduced by Nepal Telecom on its 17th Anniversary. This service can be used by every Nepali who has the access to 4G networks. Hence, this service can reach out even to the remote part of Nepal where no internet is accessible but the 4G network is available. Within February of 2022, Nepal Telecom had made the 4G service accessible to 720 out of 753 local levels in Nepal already. The company has made different subscription-based packages available within the 4G wireless home broadband service.
Price and details About the 4G Wireless Home Broadband Subscription-Based Packages
Nepal Telecom’s 4G wireless home broadband has been divided into two parts which are the Individual Package and the Unlimited Corporate Package.
- Individual Package
You can take a subscription for 15 days, 30 days or a year under this package that can either be home broadband basic or home broadband premium. Home broadband basic offers you data of 2 GB per day while home broadband premium offers you 4 GB per day.
The details for home broadband basic and home broadband premium are as follows:
- Home Broadband Basic Monthly: Under this, you will get a total data of 60 GB that you can use entirely for 30 days. Including TSC and VAT, it will cost you Rs. 800. You can also take a subscription for the exact plan for 15 days, paying Rs. 400.
- Home Broadband Basic Yearly: You will get a total data of 720 GB which is 60 GB per Month for 12 months. For taking a yearly subscription, you will have to pay Rs. 9000 including TSC and VAT. Also, this package will cost you Rs. 400 (for each month) if you choose to take the subscription plan for 15 days. You will be provided 60 GB for 15 days up to 12 months.
- Home Broadband Premium Monthly: Under this package, you will get a total data of 120 GB, valid entirely for 30 days. A monthly subscription for this package will cost you Rs. 1,200 while the 15 days subscription package will cost Rs. 600 including TSC and VAT.
- Home Broadband Premium Yearly: A total data of 1440 GB valid for 12 months straight will be provided to you if you take a subscription to home broadband premium yearly. Rs. 13,500 will be charged to you including VAT and TSC for taking the package. Also, you will be provided 120 GB for 15 days up to 12 months at Rs. 600 (for each month) if you choose to take a subscription of 15 days.
These packages are not App-specific; hence, you can use any online application. These packages are suitable for those who are not heavy Internet users.
- Unlimited Corporate Package
The Unlimited Corporate Package is valid for 30 days. Also, you can take a subscription for half a year or an entire year under this package. You will get a discount of 10% on a yearly subscription and 5% on half yearly subscription. Once you take a subscription for this package you can use data as much as you want within the time frame of 8 am-6 pm or 6 pm-8 am. Similar to individual packages, this package is also categorized into basic and premium. The premium package will provide you access to slightly more speedy Internet than the basic.
The details for the package are as follows:
- Premium: Using this package for 30 days will cost you Rs. 3650 including TSC and VAT. Internet that you can use from 8 am until 6 pm will be of speed 5 Mbps which is a bit more speedy than the 1 Mbps internet that you can use from 6 pm until 8 pm.
- Basic: Taking a subscription for this package will enable you to use internet of speed 2 Mbps from 8 am until 6 pm or of speed 512 Kbps from 6 pm until 8 am. This package will cost you Rs. 2100.
Every other ISP will most likely provide you unlimited usage for a specified time frame which may not be optimal for people who don’t use the internet much. So, for a bit inactive user these 4G wireless home broadband packages will turn out to be suitable.