As announced by Nothing Technology Ltd. on the 23rd of March 2022, the “Nothing phone (1)” is said to be officially launching in the market on the 12th of July, 2022. The smartphone has made headlines and is described as the most anticipated phone of the year.
Pre-Ordering “Nothing Phone (1)”
Getting your hands on the smartphone is not as easy as it looks, the company has decided to provide access to customers before its launch by taking pre-booking through an invite-only system. However, even with the invite, you need a Flipkart account for the process.
For all those who are interested, pre-ordering is open at the moment.
The most talked-about feature of the “Nothing Phone (1)” is the transparent back which makes it look completely different from any other smartphone seen on the market. The design of the device and the earphones are somewhat similar. Both products come in white and transparent plastic that reveals the interiors. The “Nothing Phone (1) comes with a bunch of appealing and cool features along with a unique look.
The device flaunts LED lights (apparently called the ultimate notification LED) that have never been done by another smartphone company. It’s called notification LED because it glows every time you get a new notification or a call.
Over 900 super bright LED combine up to form a pattern all across the back of the phone – around the dual camera, the wireless charging pad, up in the corner and in the middle and also around the charging port placed at the bottom. LED surrounding the wireless charging pad lights up while the phone is charging wirelessly and the charging bar at the bottom lights up when the phone is charging via the charger port. The Glyph interface glows up while taking photographs. Additionally, there’s also a small LED that blinks while recording videos. These functions are default features but can be controlled through the settings.
In addition to this, the lighting pattern of the LED vibes flawlessly with the 10 different inbuilt ringtones. You can not just set the notification lighting pattern different for different apps but also different for different contacts on your phone. This feature is what makes the “Nothing Phone (1)” an exceptionally amazing smartphone.
Nothing much about the specifications of the phone has been officially announced yet. However, according to rumours, the phone comes with the following features:
- The “Nothing Phone (1)” uses a Qualcomm snapdragon 778G+ chipset processor and will run on the Android 12 OS and the Nothing OS.
- CPU uses an octa-core processor (1×2.5 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 and 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) and GPU is Adreno 642L.
- It has 6.55 inches touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels (FHD+) and a refreshes rate of 120Hz.
- The smartphone is 7.6mm thick and has a weight of 199 g (7.02oz).
- The phone has a dual-camera system with a 50-megapixel camera of f/2.8 aperture and 16 Megapixel of f/2.2 aperture at the back and 16 Megapixel camera of f/2.2 aperture at the front.
- The fingerprint sensor is side-mounted.
- Nothing phone (1) features a non-removable Li-Po 4500mAh battery and has 5W wireless charging and reverse wireless charging. The charging speed is expected to be 50% in 30 minutes.
- Talking about connectivity, it features a 5G network, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, dual-SIM, a USB Type-C port, etc.
- The phone will be available in two colours; Black and white.
- According to the company, the frame of the phone will be made up of recycled aluminium.