Work or play, most of us are living in a browser today. We rely on the browser to create connections and get our work done. But it can get frustrating if the browser, its tabs, or windows take a wee bit longer to open. The latest update of Vivaldi Web Browser addresses this concern. It offers a faster version that will help you shave off seconds, even minutes of your day, and potentially hours in a year. Now new tabs and even a new window open faster than before.
Since the dawn of its creation, Vivaldi has been adding more flexible functionality to boost productivity and performance in every update. You’ll find some new options to their built-in features such as configurable Menus, Web Panels, and Quick Commands even in this version. So go ahead and download the new faster Vivaldi on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Do things quickly and well with a faster Vivaldi.
Performance can be influenced by your computer and the way you have set up your browser. But Vivaldi wants to make sure that no matter how you choose to browse, your experience is faster than before. They knew the improvements were significant, so they have tested the new Vivaldi against the previous version. Here are the areas you’ll find a noteworthy difference.
1. Double up the power. Tabs in Vivaldi will open twice as fast.
Using multiple tabs is something we all do all the time. And for some of the focused work we do daily, the speed of opening a new tab may be perfectly fine. But Vivaldi realizes that there is room for more speed here. While the browser lets you handle the tab chaos with the recently introduced Two-Level Tab Stacks, it also wants the opening and closing of tabs to be more swift, helping you save time. Opening of tabs is faster now – facilitating a better user experience and increasing speed up to 2x as fast as the previous version.
2. Look out for the Vivaldi window. It opens 26% faster than before.
Many of us may use several browser windows to get our work done. For example, we have a window open for work and another one for your personal stuff. Vivaldi web browser now opens a new window 26% faster compared to the previous version, making navigation super-fast.
3. Vivaldi now available on M1.
Vivaldi Web Browser is now available for Apple’s new Macs with ARM-based M1 processors – a development much-awaited by Mac lovers who browse with Vivaldi. Those of you lucky enough to have M1 Mac Mini, Macbook Air or Macbook Pro systems will enjoy browsing with Vivaldi’s flexible features even more now. Browsing with Vivaldi is 2x faster when we tested internally on a Mac machine using M1 processors upping the overall performance.
4. More on speed and customization in Vivaldi.
Vivaldi just cannot help adding more ways for its users to save time and stay organized. Here are a few new options to get your work done faster:
- Periodic Reload in Web Panels: The websites added as Web Panels will reload at regular intervals. This works especially well if a news site has been added as a Web Panel. It will display up-to-date information that is worth keeping an eye on.
- Declutter a crowded Tab Bar in two clicks: Tab hoarders can easily create multiple tab stacks at once via ‘Tab Stack by Hosts’. The new Stack Tab by Hosts will go through all tabs and stack the ones from the same domain.
- Configurable Web Page Menu: Menus, unconventionally customizable, adds a new option that allows you to edit the context menus you open when right-clicking anywhere on a web page. Now you can fine-tune your big menus and move items that are not used frequently.
- Quick Commands, more dynamic: The keyword that you search for in Quick Commands is now bolded, similar to how search words are highlighted in the Address Bar. It also suggests search strings that help you find what you’re looking for faster.