Nepal’s leading Fintech company, Fonepay declares Team Influ-Acers, a trio from Ace Institute of Management as the winner of “Fonepay Student Ambassadors 2020”, the first-ever student-focused program.
The program was an initiation in searching for innovative young leaders to promote the idea of Digital Nepal. It was a platform for students to learn, teach, and grow professionally and personally with certified recognition from the best in the industry. The main attraction of the program was the heavy cash prizes for 3 winning teams; Rs. 50,000, Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 20,000 respectively. Along with that, all the participating team members were honored with certificates and attractive fonepay merchandise.
The program was officially commenced on August 4th, 2020, and ended on 21st November 2020. It was divided into three phases:
Phase 1: Campaign Activation (Entry period: Aug 4th– Aug 31st)
- The teams had to fill up an application form and create an introduction video showcasing their interest in becoming Fonepay Student Ambassador. Total of almost 50 entries were gained from various esteemed colleges from Kathmandu itself.
Phase 2: Ambassador Selection (During this round, the overwhelming participation lead to the selected Top 17 Teams)
- In this phase, the teams had to present their action plan on how they will advocate the brand as student ambassador for 3 months.
Detailed workshop was organized where the ambassadors had the opportunity to have in-depth understanding about the fintech scenario & all the services of fonepay.
Advocacy Period: Officially started from October 9 till November 21, 2020.
Top 10 Students Ambassador teams are:
- Frontrunners from Ace International Business School
- Janus from Kathmandu University School of Management
- One Dream from The British College
- Garnet from Kathmandu College of Management
- Nirvaya from Pulchowk Engineering Campus
- Ace Maestros from Ace Institute of Management
- Titans from the National College of Computer Studies
- Exhorters from Herald College Kathmandu
- Influacers from Ace Institute of Management
- NIE from Thames International College
Various social media activation programs were conducted by the top 10 selected teams during the advocacy period with an objective to promote the idea of Digital Nepal.
In between the advocacy period, the students were given a chance to compete on a video-making competition. They were required to make a video on the use and benefits of fonepay’s services; also highlighting the offer provided by Big Mart. The winning team were eligible to win Rs. 5,000/- worth Big Mart voucher.
The winner announcement event was held on December 20th, 2020. All the participants were presented there with great enthusiasm and expectations to win the title.
Team Garnet from Kathmandu College of Management won the video-making competition and won Rs. 5000 worth Big Mart shopping voucher.
Fonepay Student Ambassadors 2020: The final winning teams
- Team Influ-Acers from Ace Institute of Management won the winning title with 62,700 points.
- Team Garnet from Kathmandu College of Management won the 1st Runner Up title with 54,250 points.
- Team Ace Maestros from Ace Institute of Management won the 2nd Runner Up title with 39,250 points.
As per the observation on the activities of the teams during the advocacy period from the organizers, the careful decision was made to form a title called “Innovative team of the program”. The title was presented to Team Frontrunners from Ace International Business School.