HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones has unveiled its latest affordable smartphone Nokia 2.2 with Android One branding targeting the entry-level markets.
Nokia 2.2 is the cheapest Android One phone till date as well as it will be the first cheapest Android phone to get Android Q update. “Get ahead with AI Innovations” as the company says this phone comes with latest AI features for low light imaging, AI face unlock, Gooogle Lens and a dedicated Google Assistant button.
Nokia 2.2 comes with selfie notched 5.71-inch HD+ always on display with 720 x 1520 pixels resolution and 19:9 aspect ratio. The phone runs Android 9.0 Pie with Android One branding. It is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 chipset aided by 2GB / 3GB of RAM and 16GB / 32 GB of storage. It comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button aiming to make your daily life more easier and smart.
Talking about the camera the phone comes with 13 MP (f/2.2, 1.12-micron) Rear Camera with integrated Google Lens and AI-powered low light image fusion technology which will help you take great photos at various low light conditions. For talking selfies, you will get a 5 MP front camera. The phone packs 3000 mAh battery
Nokia 2.2 Specifications
- Display: 5.71” Always On Display
- Resolution: HD+ 720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 Aspect Ratio
- Weight: 153g
- CPU: MediaTek Helio A22, 4 x A53 cores 2GHz
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie (Android One)
- RAM: 2GB / 3GB (DDR4)
- Storage: 16GB / 32GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP AF 1/3” 1.12um f/2.2 with a single LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer; Ambient light, Proximity, AI Face unlock
- Battery: 3000 mAh with 5W charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G SIM, Bluetooth, Wifi, Micro USB 2.0
- Colors: Steel, Tungsten Black
Nokia 2.2 Price
The global variant of Nokia 2.2 is priced €99 and for India, the price starts from ₹6999 for the 2GB variant. We don’t have any official information regarding its launch in Nepal yet.
If Nokia plans to launch it in Nepal, what do you think the pricing should be?