- This device provides voice-based confirmation when a QR payment is made.
- The device was launched by NIC Asia Bank in collaboration with NCHL
- The device contains a QR code. After a customer scans the QR code and makes a payment, the device provides an audio notification about receipt of payment.
- Currently it provides audio alerts for QR payments made through NepalPay only.
- The bank will enable audio notifications for other payment networks (eg. Fonepay) soon.
NIC Asia Bank has launched Smart Audio Alert Device for QR payments. After a customer makes QR payment, this device confirms the payment instantly through voice. It is an additional way for merchants to verify receipt of payments from their customers, along with SMS and email alerts.
The bank has launched this device in partnership with Nepal Clearing House Limited (NCHL), which operates the NepalPay QR network. Currently, the device gives a voice-based alert for payments made through NepalPay QR only. However, the bank is planning to extend this feature for payments from other payment networks as well in the near future.
This device has a QR code that customers can scan with their mobile phones to make payments. After the payment is completed, the device will instantly notify the merchants through voice that they have received the payment. This way, the merchants do not have to check their mobile phones or other devices for payment confirmation. It makes the payment process faster and smoother for both customers and merchants.
The bank believes that this device will make digital payment more convenient, easy and secure for its millions of customers and thousands of merchants. It will also help to promote digital payments in the country by increasing trust and reliability of QR payment among both customers and merchants.
Isn’t this device cool? It should be more fun to hear a voice than just a beep on the phone. Also, it can help to reduce possible fraud and errors in QR payments. What do you think of this device? Please try making QR payments using such smart audio alert devices and share your experiences with us.