Code Rush, a girls-led software development startup in Nepal is gearing up to launch “Code Like Her Fellowship–2020“. It is a six-months-long national-level fellowship targeted to broaden tech opportunities for Nepali girls pursuing an IT & Engineering degree, by helping them to build solid technical skills. Under-graduate students, recent graduates from IT, Engineering or related courses can apply for the fellowship among which 12 eligible candidates will be selected.
This chargeless fellowship is designed for passionate and enthusiastic female tech students or fresh graduates seeking a career in Full-stack development. It is solely intended to strengthen the confidence of girls in the technical field by equipping them with innovative technical skills and immersing them in the industry culture.
There are few women IT professionals in Nepal and the tech industry is dominated by men. Through this fellowship, Code Rush aims to provide technical skills to girls and help them get jobs in companies.
The participants of this fellowship will get the opportunity of coding Bootcamp that combines lectures, workshops, projects, and more to help them master the practical skills—both technical and professional. The fellowship is divided into two modules, split into the time frame of three months each. The first module includes intense training starting from scratch, whereas, in the second module, projects are assigned to all candidates to implement the knowledge practically. The fellowship includes proper certification, graduation ceremony, and placement opportunities.
Why Code Like Her Fellowship?
- Tuition-Free program with intense industry-based training.
- In-depth Training of UI/UX, Frontend (ReactJS), Backend (Node.js, Express JS), Database (MongoDB).
- Proper guidance and mentorship from leading tech experts. Exposure to tech enthusiasts within and outside Nepal.
- Sessions to boost up presentation skills, leadership skills, teamwork efficiency.
- Starting Date: 2 March 2020
- Time: 10 AM – 5 PM, Monday- Friday
- Duration: 6 months
- No. of fellows to be selected: 12