‘Code for Nepal’ has called for applications from interested Nepali youths for Data Fellowship 2021. The fellowship aims to build the data skills of over 400 Nepali this year and make progress in their lives.
This fellowship is going to be conducted in association with DataCamp. Each participant of this fellowship will get access to Premium DataCamp subscription worth $399 and support for career opportunities, & networking. The total monetary value of the program, for 400 participants, is over 2 crore Nepali rupees.
How to Apply for Code for Nepal Data Fellowship 2021?
Nepali living in and outside of Nepal are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Eligibility criteria to apply:
- Able to complete the program (commit at least 5-10 hours per week for the first 2-3 months)
- High school degree or above
- Background in basic programming
How to apply?
- Application for Data Fellowship has already opened. Interested participants can apply for the fellowship by filling this form.
- Application Fee: FREE!
- Application Deadline: 15 December 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews after the application deadline is over. The selected fellows must complete all the phases of the program to receive certification.
What’s Included in Code for Nepal Data Fellowship 2021
- A DataCamp Premium subscription ($399) to take courses and earn certificates.
- Opportunity to publish data visualizations and blog posts via Code for Nepal site.
(When data visualizations and or blog posts of fellows who have earned DataCamp certificate will be selected to be published by Code for Nepal, participants will get Nrs 5,000 in stipend for every post.)
- Industry/academia expert teaching assistants (offline and online) to support learning, community participation.
- Involvement in Open Source Projects.
- Opportunity to contribute to amazing open source data projects after completion of the program.
The fellowship comprises four components: DataCamp Course, Assignment, Soft Skills Development, and Support.
Step 1: DataCamp Course
Fellows should complete the DataCamp course within 3 months from the date they get access to DataCamp to enhance their data and digital skills.
Step 2: Assignment
Fellows should submit the assignment in the form of a blog post, data visualization or any form of publishable output.
Step 3: Soft Skills Development
Fellows will go through the soft skills development training, in collaboration with ‘Resume Didi’.
Step 4: Support
Fellows will get an opportunity to further work on the organization project, recommendation of the job and internship, and other support opportunities.
For those who are already employed or have bachelors’ degree, only Step 1 and Step 2 are required to complete this Fellowship program.
This fellowship aims to open new gateways of opportunities to the participants by developing their data skills.
Nepali youths who have access to the Internet and a laptop can take courses at their own convenience and earn certificates. The Fellows will also have the opportunity to virtually contribute to civic technology and open data products such as: