As the biggest Nepalese festival, Dashain nears, the people who came to Kathmandu are hurrying to get back to their homes. There is always a huge line in bus counters of the new bus park during this festive season. With the change in time, the bus counters are taking ticket booking online with the direction from the Government of Nepal. If you are going back to your home this Dashain, learn how to book a bus ticket online in this post.
Where to book bus ticket online?
In recent years, the number of online bus ticket booking services has drastically increased. Today, there are several websites such as bussewa.com, busnepal.com, and travelnepal.com where people can easily book tickets online. After booking the ticket, the payment for the bus ticket can also be easily made through various payment wallets like Esewa, Khalti, and IME Pay. Some of the popular online bus ticket booking services are mentioned here:
BusSewa is one of the most popular online ticket booking services in Nepal. Through this platform, one can easily book tickets to various destinations. Not only do they give you travel routes to more than 70 destinations of Nepal within modest travel cost but also have services like Wi-fi, LED TV, music system, Air cooler, mineral water, snacks, passenger insurance, cold drinks, on-time departure, and many more. While booking tickets through BusSewa, payments can be done through e-Sewa, iPay, IME Pay, and EnetPay.
Busnepal is another great online site that provides you will a large number of travel destinations. Here, payments are feasible with e-Sewa and PayBill.
Tourenepal offers you numerous destinations like from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Chitwan, Lumbini, Kakadvitta, Jiri, Baglung, Dharan, Biratnagar, Beni, Nepalgunj, Birjung, Janakpur, Dhangadi, Gorkha, and many more with A/C bus service. The price of all the bus routes is affordable. Both morning and evening shifts are available. For the payment, Tourenepal has provided their account number.
4. Other Websites
How to book bus tickets online?
The correct steps to book a bus ticket online are as follow:
- Step 1: Visit any one of the above mentioned websites through a web browser of your choice.
- Step 2: In the website, the forms with necessary description such as to, from, date and shift information for travelling.
- Step 3: Click search bus and the list of available buses will appear in your screen.
- Step 4: Now, choose the preferred bus seat and ticket plan.
- Step 5: Click Book ticket.
- Step 6: Fill in the passengers details and press confirm.
- Step 7: Make payment according to bill that appear in your screen. Choose among the payment options that are accepted by the ticket booking service.
Why book bus tickets online?
- First and foremost, it saves the time of public since we all know how time-consuming staying in line for whole day can be.
- You can choose the ticket pricing according to your suitability and affordability.
- Easily chose the right bus seats for you.
- Get offers and discounts from various websites and digital wallets.
Moreover, the government of Nepal has assured to provide a bottle of mineral water free of cost to everyone who gets their ticket online. This decision was made by the director of DOTM, Mr. Nawaraj Ghimire in a recent meeting held in Singha Durbar. Finally, he also urged everyone to book their bus ticket online considering the Covid-19 pandemic safety guidelines.