- Seeds for the Future is a global program by Huawei to develop local ICT talent and bridge the digital divide.
- The program is open to 3rd and 4th year students from TU, KU and PU who are interested in 5G, AI, cloud computing and other cutting-edge technologies.
- 10 students will be selected for a 5-day training camp where they will learn from Huawei experts and get hands-on experience.
- The top 4 performers will also get a chance to visit Huawei HQ in China for a week-long tour and participate in the Tech4Good competition.
- Students can apply by emailing their CV to ankit.basnet[at]huawei.com.
Huawei Nepal has opened applications for the 2023 edition of its prestigious global program, Seeds for the Future.
What is Seeds for the Future program?
Seeds for the Future is a global program that aims to develop local ICT talent and bridge the digital divide. It is open to 3rd and 4th year students from Tribhuvan University (TU), Kathmandu University (KU) and Pokhara University (PU) who have a keen interest in ICT.
In a year, a total of 10 students from Nepal will be selected for Seeds for the Future program.
What are the benefits of joining the program?
The 10 selected students will get a chance to participate in an exclusive 5-day training camp. The selected students will receive world-class training in cutting-edge technologies like 5G, artificial intelligence (AI), internet of things (IoT), cloud computing and more.
The training is delivered by experts from Huawei Technologies and provides both theoretical knowledge and practical hands-on experience. The participants get to learn about the latest trends and innovations in the ICT sector and expand their horizons.
But that’s not all! The top 4 performers will also get to visit Huawei headquarters in Shenzhen and Shanghai, China for a week-long tour. This will allow them to see the company’s facilities first-hand and interact with executives and employees.
They also get to participate in the final summit of the program, which is the Tech4Good competition. In this competition, they showcase their skills and compete for exciting prizes. This provides invaluable global exposure and networking opportunities for Nepali youth.
How to apply for Seeds For The Future 2023?
If you are interested in joining the program, here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria. You must be studying in the 3rd or 4th year at TU, KU or PU and have a keen interest in 5G, AI, cloud computing and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Send your CV to ankit.basnet[at]huawei.com at the earliest. Highlight your academic achievements, extracurricular activities and ICT skills in your CV.
- Wait for the confirmation email from Huawei Nepal. They will inform you if you are selected for the program or not.
Seats are limited, so we recommend you to apply soon and not miss this valuable opportunity offered by Huawei Nepal.
The Seeds for the Future 2023 program is a great chance for university students in Nepal to learn next-gen technologies and expand their horizons. It is a rare opportunity to get trained by Huawei experts and visit Huawei headquarters in China. Huawei has been conducting the Seeds for the Future program in Nepal since 2017 and has so far trained over 50 students.