OnePlus had made an official announcement in July 2018 that “Android is coming to OnePlus 3/3T”. Now along with the new community beta build, Android Pie for OnePlus 3 and 3T is certain.
OnePlus 3/3T was released in 2016 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and they got two major Android upgrades too i.e. Android 6 Marshmallow – Android 7.0 Nougat – Android 8.0 Oreo. However, after getting requests from the OnePlus community members, the company finally decided to release Android Pie for OnePlus 3/3T.
I think OnePlus has named this release as a Community Beta since it was released after getting requests from the community.
This is a beta build for the public test so it will not be available as an OTA so you need to download and install it manually.
Android Pie brings brand new UI, New Do Not Disturb Mode, New Gaming Mode 3.0, Deep Integration with Google Duo, Integrated Google Lens in Camera and April Security Patch.
- System: Android 9.0 Pie, Brand new UI for Android Pie, April Security Patch Update
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- New Gaming Mode 3.0: Added text notification mode and notification for third-party calls
- Phone: Deep Integration with Google Duo
- Camera: Integrated Google Lens
- Download Android Pie Community Beta Build for OnePlus 3
- Download Android Pie Community Beta Build for OnePlus 3T
This is not the stable build as this is for public test purpose so if you want to test it before release then you can download it now. However, the stable version is expected to launch in the next few weeks.
Let us know after downloading and using Android Pie on your OnePlus 3/3T.